What I Made: Rhubarb and Strawberries

Another photo-less post.  I made good use of my rhubarb and strawberries this week by making scones, using this Yankee Kitchen Ninja recipe.   The scones were definitely sticky and even after baking, mine turned out soggy.  I should have added more flour to compensate for the moisture in the strawberries and rhubarb.

 

I also made a rhubarb crisp, from The New Inglenook Cookbook (note: Amazon affiliate link, you can also find it on this website).  I didn’t have enough rhubarb left for a full recipe, so I had to scale clumsily.  It tasted great, but it wasn’t the most glamorous presentation, so I’m not sorry I don’t have any photos.  The full recipe is below:

RhubarbCrisp_NewInglenookCookbook

Note:  This got soggy as leftovers sat, so eat as much of it straight out of the oven as you can *wink wink*.