What I’ve Planned – Week 6
If you though the basket couldn’t get more green and leafy after last week, you will be amazed at how much we got for Week 6! This may be the time to start stocking the freezer for later months, if it weren’t too hot to turn on the stove most days!
- Pan seared bass with garlic scape sauce
- One pan chicken sausage and potatoes
- Beef taco salad
- Crispy skin salmon with Napa cabbage
- Vietnamese noodle salad with pulled beef
- So excited to finally make my absolute favorite rhubarb recipe – this lemon rhubarb cheesecake
- A recipe for the freezer (if it makes it that far): Quiche with sausage, garlic scapes, and chard
- How amazing does this collard breakfast sandwich look?! If I can get caffeinated enough one weekend morning, I’ll try and make this 🤤
I still need to make plans for the kale, but I’ll either toss it in with the chicken sausage and potatoes or hope it holds up in the crisper until I get a better idea!
What I Got – Week 6
What I Made – Week 5
Not pictured was the sunchoke gnocchi and sautéed spinach we had (pictured here in Winter Week 15) and the many, many salads we made. We finally used up the last of the lettuce today so we only have a few red scallions rolling around the produce drawer. We’ve got to try to keep this pace up heading into the height of summer!
What I’ve Planned – Week 5
After a couple weeks of folks telling me our basket haul looked small, I think you’ll agree that we have an abundance this week, especially of leafy greens!
- Kale and artichoke chicken casserole
- Salad with orange and kohlrabi
- Pork Chops with Kohlrabi, Apple, and Mint Slaw
- Sunchoke gnocchi (pre-made and frozen) with sautéed spinach
- Slow cooker shredded beef tacos with cherry tomato salsa
- Strawberry rhubarb pie
We’ll probably end up eating more salads than this, but I’m running low on ideas! Maybe taco salad with our leftovers or a deli drawer-clearing chef salad?
What I Made – Week 4
What I Made – Week 2
What I Got – Week 2
What I Made – Week 1
We did a good job using up our ingredients this week. The only thing still hanging around are the beet greens and lots more rhubarb!
What I’ve Planned – Week 1
This week’s basket offers a nice, though I assume temporary, break from salad greens. We had a beautiful warm weekend, but there’s another drizzly, cool work week ahead, so my menu definitely leans towards comfort foods!
- Egg roll in a bowl with cabbage and ground pork
- Beet and lentil salad with bbq chicken (rescued from the depths of my freezer)
- Tex mex tofu quinoa bowls with marinated kale
- Green garlic roasted chicken
- Kale and mushroom pasta
I’m hoping to be a bit more ambitious with my breakfast and desserts this week, too. I found two recipes to help use up my rhubarb that look delicious.
That’s a lot to do! I better get baking!