Not pictured was the sunchoke gnocchi and sautéed spinach we had (pictured here in Winter Week 15) and the many, many salads we made. We finally used up the last of the lettuce today so we only have a few red scallions rolling around the produce drawer. We’ve got to try to keep this pace up heading into the height of summer!
What I’ve Planned – Week 5
After a couple weeks of folks telling me our basket haul looked small, I think you’ll agree that we have an abundance this week, especially of leafy greens!
- Kale and artichoke chicken casserole
- Salad with orange and kohlrabi
- Pork Chops with Kohlrabi, Apple, and Mint Slaw
- Sunchoke gnocchi (pre-made and frozen) with sautéed spinach
- Slow cooker shredded beef tacos with cherry tomato salsa
- Strawberry rhubarb pie
We’ll probably end up eating more salads than this, but I’m running low on ideas! Maybe taco salad with our leftovers or a deli drawer-clearing chef salad?
What I Got – Week 5
What I Made – Week 4
What I’ve Planned – Week 4
As if you couldn’t tell from this week’s basket photo, we’re cooking with greens, greens, and more greens! You’ll see a lot of salads, but I’m trying to find other ways to use them, too.
- Pizza salad (lettuce topped with pepperoni, provolone, and olives and an Italian herb dressing)
- Chicken stir fry with bok choy
- Kale and mushroom lasagna but I plan to substitute collards for the kale
- Red chicken curry with spinach
- Kale salad
I feel I am in a bok choy rut. I love stir fry, but it feels repetitive even when I mix up the sauce flavors and ingredients. Send your suggestions!!!
What I Got – Week 4
What I Made – Week 3
I also made a quiche but we ate it before I got any photos! It doesn’t look like much here, but most of these meals made big batches that we enjoyed as leftovers all week.
What I Made – Week 2
What I’ve Planned – Week 2
Maybe it’s the lack of lettuce in this week’s basket, but my meal list is looking very indulgent.
- Lamb ragú with green garlic (good with any ground meat, even elk!)
- Skillet chicken collard enchiladas (I’ll probably substitute kale)
- Peanut Rice Noodles with Pork and Collard Greens
- Saag tofu (we substitute tofu for the cheese in this great recipe for all those greens you don’t know what to do with!)
- Angel hair pasta with smoked salmon (to finally use up that parsley from a few weeks ago and homemade smoked salmon from the freezer)
- Sweet potatoes and steak (for an early birthday celebration!)