You would have thought this week’s basket world have brought more salads, and it should have! Here’s what we ate instead.
What I’ve Planned – Week 8
This is the perfect early summer basket this week! The boxes are getting heavier and the veggies are filling up both sides of our crisper, which is a sure sign we’re headed for peak season. I’m trying to take a break from pasta with my menu this week, although there’s no break from salads in sight!
What I Got – Week 8
What I Made – Week 7
We still have more lettuce to use and a bundle of garlic scapes (in addition to what we harvested from our own garden)! We’ve frozen some of the extra peas, because we’re doing the same with what we’ve been getting from our garden, too!
What I’ve Planned – Week 7
A good mix of roots and leaves this week. I’m trying to plan a lot of quick meals good for a busy workweek with long hours, or at least with parts that can be prepped ahead of time.
- Blueberry waffles
- Whole roasted kohlrabi and pesto chicken
- Zucchini chicken enchilada casserole
- Pasta with sausage and peas
- Beet and freekeh salad (will serve over lettuce)
- Pasta with clam sauce
We’ll probably just eat the peaches plain and either turn the scapes into more pesto, or save them for another week.
What I Got – Week 7
Happy first week of fruit share! Unfortunately with the cold weather, the usual farms are not producing much yet, so our fruit this week came to us from Georgia!
What I Made – Week 6
What I’ve Planned – Week 6
If you though the basket couldn’t get more green and leafy after last week, you will be amazed at how much we got for Week 6! This may be the time to start stocking the freezer for later months, if it weren’t too hot to turn on the stove most days!
- Pan seared bass with garlic scape sauce
- One pan chicken sausage and potatoes
- Beef taco salad
- Crispy skin salmon with Napa cabbage
- Vietnamese noodle salad with pulled beef
- So excited to finally make my absolute favorite rhubarb recipe – this lemon rhubarb cheesecake
- A recipe for the freezer (if it makes it that far): Quiche with sausage, garlic scapes, and chard
- How amazing does this collard breakfast sandwich look?! If I can get caffeinated enough one weekend morning, I’ll try and make this 🤤
I still need to make plans for the kale, but I’ll either toss it in with the chicken sausage and potatoes or hope it holds up in the crisper until I get a better idea!
What I Got – Week 6
What I Made – Week 5
Not pictured was the sunchoke gnocchi and sautéed spinach we had (pictured here in Winter Week 15) and the many, many salads we made. We finally used up the last of the lettuce today so we only have a few red scallions rolling around the produce drawer. We’ve got to try to keep this pace up heading into the height of summer!