Maybe it’s the lack of lettuce in this week’s basket, but my meal list is looking very indulgent.
- Lamb ragú with green garlic (good with any ground meat, even elk!)
- Skillet chicken collard enchiladas (I’ll probably substitute kale)
- Peanut Rice Noodles with Pork and Collard Greens
- Saag tofu (we substitute tofu for the cheese in this great recipe for all those greens you don’t know what to do with!)
- Angel hair pasta with smoked salmon (to finally use up that parsley from a few weeks ago and homemade smoked salmon from the freezer)
- Sweet potatoes and steak (for an early birthday celebration!)
We did a good job using up our ingredients this week. The only thing still hanging around are the beet greens and lots more rhubarb!
This week’s basket offers a nice, though I assume temporary, break from salad greens. We had a beautiful warm weekend, but there’s another drizzly, cool work week ahead, so my menu definitely leans towards comfort foods!
- Egg roll in a bowl with cabbage and ground pork
- Beet and lentil salad with bbq chicken (rescued from the depths of my freezer)
- Tex mex tofu quinoa bowls with marinated kale
- Green garlic roasted chicken
- Kale and mushroom pasta
I’m hoping to be a bit more ambitious with my breakfast and desserts this week, too. I found two recipes to help use up my rhubarb that look delicious.
That’s a lot to do! I better get baking!
This box brings a real mix of spring and summer veggies to start our Spring/Summer CSA season
Clockwise from left: rhubarb, green kale, green cabbage, red beets, red radishes, greenhouse tomatoes, green garlic, little gem romaine lettuce