Rather than post each recipe step by step this time around, I thought I would make a summary list of all the dishes I’m planning to make this week and which veggies they’ll use. It will help me think and shop ahead for meals for the week and will be much faster for me to write than the longer posts I used to make (hopefully helping me keep up with the blog, ahem). I’ll link to the recipes online, where possible, and will follow up with a full blog post if I love the recipe or make substantial changes – or if you send me your requests!
Here goes, roughly in order from Sunday to Friday:
- Green salad (for a cookout we are hosting) – Lettuce, Radishes
- Pasta Salad (also for the cookout) – Cherry Tomatoes
- Tofu with ramen noodles and kale
- Green Garlic Roasted Chicken (working from home Tuesday means I can make this on a weeknight!)
- Tuna poke brown rice bowls with green kale chips
- Spinach and chicken curry
- Steak, poblano, and mushroom tacos (will probably substitute shredded elk for the carne asada here)
Even though this sounds like a lot, I expect at the end of this week we will still have red scallions to use, even after I put them on the tofu and noodles and the poke bowl. We might have some lettuce left over and maybe even some kale since that bag was pretty stuffed. I know we will have green garlic still to use because I’ll be using what we got last week in the recipe this week! And to think, this is only the start of the season – I have my work cut out for me.