Although this recipe is a one pot meal, it does require a bit of preparation because of all the ingredients that need to be chopped. The upside is that this recipe is widely customizable. Got some vegetables you need to get rid of? Toss them in! Just don’t make the mistake that I did a try to use pre-cooked noodles. This makes a soggy mess. Instead, cook them as part of the recipe. Click “Read More” to see full directions.
Sausage and Noodle Skillet with Banana Peppers, adapted from Diethood
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves
4 banana peppers
2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
1 package (about 13-ounces) pre-cooked Sausage
8 ounces uncooked Egg Noodles
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 cup parmesan cheese
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
red pepper flakes
1. Slice onions and peppers and chop garlic and tomatoes.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add veggies and slices of sausage, and cook until veggies are tender.
4. Add noodles, broth, and milk and bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat to simmering and cover, cooking for 12 minutes until noodles are done.
6. Remove from heat and add cheese.
7. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.